We interrupt our regularly scheduled crescendo of hype for an announcement: 2013 is the last year that a Lazers & Blazers party will descend on WPPI.
Producers Michael Antonia of The Flashdance and Whitney Chamberlin from Our Labor of Love held the first Lazers event to honor the industry—to give hardworking shooters a chance to put down their cameras and be guests for a night.
In the four years since, this no-holds-barred party hosted by photographers, for photographers, has given back to its organizers more than they could have imagined. The generosity of sponsors, the anticipatory support of colleagues, and the culminating energy on the dance floor has filled the Lazers crew with an overwhelming gratitude that words cannot convey.
But an event of this magnitude can get too big for its britches. When that happens, the only thing to do is raise the torch one final time before passing it on. So. This is it. Get your tickets if you haven't already. We're busting ass to make the last Lazers & Blazers the best one yet. We know you're gonna bring it. Because this is your party. It has always been your party.
See you in Vegas.
Smilebooth is looking to hire a Studio Manager with a photo background that has a pretty solid tech mindset. The ideal candidate doesn't need to know everything right away because most everything we do is 100% trainable, but we would love to hire someone who is a quick learner, doesn't need a lot of hand holding once they have the job down, can take initiative and be a strong leader, is well organized, personable (the face of Smilebooth Los Angeles), is willing to be flexible (corporate jobs change often last minute), and quick on their feet/knows how to troubleshoot when things go wrong or get stressful.
• Lead operator & studio manager for Smilebooth LA and Smilebooth National -- run/oversee Smilebooth for major corporate events, weddings, and parties
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of booths -- check all the gear before events to make sure everything is running smoothly, order more paper + ink when necessary, update software, test new features, etc.
• Work closely with the Smilebooth LA office assistant to discuss and coordinate bookings / logistics
• Be a team player with Smilebooth National and keep tabs on their gear, help coordinate their jobs
• Coordination for all Smilebooth jobs for other operators -- we have about 5-6 operators in LA that we hire to take jobs the studio manager can't attend. It's the manager's responsibility to get all of their ducks in a row before a job and pass on important information.
• Be the on call tech person when operators are out on a job
• Uploading and processing of Smilebooth photos immediately after the event -- familiarity with actions in Photoshop is required
• Create print layouts with logos for clients
• Packaging and mailing of client CDs
• Upkeep of storage unit, misc errands like shipping gear/backdrops, etc.
All of this adds up to anywhere between 20-40 hours a week. There's lot of day to day things to do during the week to keep the manager busy and we work out of a rad creative loft in Atwater Village. We pay $12/hour to start, and operator day rates run anywhere between $200 - $350 per day (usually for 6 hours of work). There's also the opportunity to travel -- we hire for Smilebooth jobs all over the country and attend awesome events like after parties in Hollywood for movie premieres and SXSW, etc.
If everything above sounds like something that you'd be interested in, then we'd love to hear from you.
WE ARE HAVING AN OPEN CALL ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 8 FROM NOON TO 6PM. Please email email@example.com to reserve your time slot. In addition, please CLICK HERE to fill out our fun "getting to know you" form where you can link us to your resume and portfolio.
Smilebooth Austin is teaming up with Nannie Inez, Fresca's, Keith Kreeger, The Wellgro Co, Tribeza, Bake Sale and H55 this Sunday, December 9, 2012. We want you all to join us for bites, cocktails + photos, need you all shop for holiday gifts and simply enjoy yourselves! All the proceeds to Travis High School garden. Come GATHER with us!
We heard your pleas...so here you go! Come out to the Etsy Holiday Shop this weekend where we'll have the Smilebooth setup. You and your loved can make some awesomely designed holiday cards, for a good cause. All proceeds will be going to Occupy Sandy!!